The Greens are the only party truly standing up for Newcastle.
- ALL key council decisions will include meaningful consultation, community engagement and participation; implement open government reform for Newcastle City Council.
- Stuck in traffic? Newcastle still lacks an integrated transport plan. The Greens will fight to make public transport public again and promote active transport such as cycling, walking and skateboarding.
- Keep planning local. For too long planning decisions have been made by people in Sydney who have no interest in what’s best for Newcastle.
- Make Newcastle Council carbon neutral. The cleanest, greenest initiatives across the world are being created by local government.
- We are waging war on waste via The Litter Collective – ridding our beaches and waterways of plastic waste through monthly clean-ups – and campaigning to Ban the Bag.
- Young people today are increasingly locked out of housing, secure careers and tertiary education. In council, we can help create affordable housing, tailor our employment policies and better support local artists and initiatives.
- The Greens embrace hospitality to refugees and migrants in Newcastle, creating a richer cultural experience for all.