A lawyer with Maurice Blackburn Lawyers, and formerly a student and researcher at the University of Sydney, Tom’s working life is characterised by his commitment to social justice, having previously worked resolving legal issues relating to immigration detention and homophobia. Tom attended high school in the Inner West and has lived with his partner in Ashfield for four years.
Since moving to the Ashfield area, Tom has been active in protecting the community from the State Government’s disastrous Westconnex project, and is also a member of the Inner West Council’s housing affordability strategic reference group. He is a keen user of cycleways and green spaces, and on council would like to see the natural environment of the Inner West preserved through a sustainable approach to planning and development.
The Greens 6-point Plan for Ashfield:
- Solar for our community & Council 100% renewable
- Planning for commmunity need, not developer greed. Stop senseless overdevelopment.
- More and better green and public spaces. Save Ashfield Pool and build the GreenWay cycleway.
- Stop WestConnex & protect Inner West public transport from privatisation.
- A community approach to affordable housing.
- Restore local democracy.