Hornsby Shire CouncilOur Councillors and Our Plans for Hornsby
100% renewable Hornsby
Save the Bushland Shire
“I am deeply committed to my local area and its small businesses, which I have shown with the successful campaign to reduce plastic waste. In this first term of Council my priorities include:
- Stopping destructive overdevelopment.
- Supporting businesses and residents in gaining energy independence.
- Getting smarter about waste and the reduction of plastic.
- Increasing urban tree canopy cover and introducing other cooling strategies for streets, neighbourhoods, playgrounds and parks.”
- Emma and her family have lived in the Beecroft-Cheltenham area for more than 20 years.
- She deeply values her connections with the numerous civic, environmental and residents’ groups.
- Emma has been part of many community efforts to make Hornsby Shire more sustainable, fairer and greener, most notably her Bag Free Beecroft initiative.
“I am thrilled and proud to have been elected to represent the local community and I look forward to pursuing my key priorities. These include:
- Supporting our local childcare services and sporting communities.
- Working with local business and community groups to encourage greater use of renewables.
- Protecting our precious green spaces from overdevelopment.”
- Joe has lived in Hornsby Shire for 22 years, the third generation of his family to live here.
- He is a member of Amnesty International-Hornsby Action Group.
- Joe is an active and committed member of the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Greens.