Early Childhood Education
Expand the number of affordable council-owned and run Early Childhood Education centres across the Hills Shire.
Council to set up mental health clinics to provide psychological services to patients with no out-of-pocket expenses.
Adopt participatory budgeting in the council’s annual budget so that all residents in the Hills gets a vote in how council money is spent in their district. This means that the community comes up with ideas for projects that they would like to see in their area. Every resident can then vote for which project they would like to see funded – this way, the community has the power to decide how their money is spent by council.
First Nations people
This was the first term that Acknowledgement to Country was given at The Hills Shire Council meetings.
Greens on council:
- Support the creation of a First Nations (Darug) Advisory Committee to Council.
- Ask council to implement a Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Increase indigenous place naming in the Shire.
- Learn about cultural burning and care of the land and put this into practice.
- Greater incorporate First Nations teachings, culture, art and respect into our community.
Review and update the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement, and make it available on the Council’s website.
Review and update the EEO Management Plan, and make it available on the website.
Include gender breakdown of roles and updates on EEO Management Plan in Annual Report.
Establish a calendar of events that support women networking and mentoring in the community that is advertised through a range of mediums.
Complete a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Gender Equity Diagnostic.