The Greens strongly oppose WestConnex and the Western Harbour Tunnel this means:
- Employment of top consultants to provide specialist advice on issues such as traffic modelling. Air pollution, tunnel engineering and an updated cost-benefit analysis.
- Investigation of all potential legal challenges and monitored compliance.
- All information immediately put in the public realm. No secrets.
- Support for a council funded campaign against WestConnex.
- Support for groups campaigning against WestConnex.
- Strong advocacy against WestConnex and its impacts on the Inner West.
- Protecting the health and well-being of inner West residents – no unfiltered pollution stacks, no WestConnex.
The Greens will strongly campaign for world-class public transport including:
- A fully connected public transport network.
- New light rail routes to Balmain, White Bay and Parramatta Road.
- Accessible train stations.
- More frequent buses and no privatisation of our buses.
- Extend heavy rail, more frequent and better integrated services.
- Stop the privatisation of the Bankstown train line.
- No removal of rail tracks in the Rozelle Goods Yard or White Bay.
- Expand and make safer cycleways and footpaths.