The Greens have worked on Council to make the Southern Highlands a better place.
In conjunction with a number of supportive councillors we have:
- Replaced councillor factions with a more issue driven council.
- Fought for the inclusion of community representation in a range of decisions, including the local Aboriginal Cultural Centre.
- Participated in the Environment Committee. Any several others of course.
- Supported community campaigns against inappropriate development proposals.
- Worked with community groups to gain council funding of worthwhile projects
- Brought the views of less well represented groups to council.