City of Parramatta CouncilOur Councillors and Our Plan for Parramatta
Hi, I’m Clr Phil Bradley, your Greens City of Parramatta Councillor.
I campaign enthusiastically about issues people care about. These include opposing overdevelopment, creating a jobs-rich economy powered by clean renewable energy and providing better Council services.
I will continue to advocate strongly for a more sustainable, liveable and productive Parramatta.
I was the Greens candidate for Parramatta in previous NSW state and federal elections. I have lived with my spouse Annie Nielsen in the Parramatta area for 26 years and have two daughters.
I have been a civil engineer, TAFE teacher and senior union officer. I won a National Volunteer Award for voluntary leadership roles in the Parramatta Climate Action Network, the Parramatta Female Factory Friends and as President of Reconciliation for Western Sydney. I also volunteer with Parramatta Bushcare and the Better Planning Network.
Unlike the old political parties, Greens NSW is not indebted to corporations, as we do not accept their donations.
My top priorities for the City of Parramatta Council election on 4 September are:
- Better planning, heritage, culture and arts – opposing overdevelopment and promoting better planning with an emphasis on community consultation and protection of Parramatta’s outstanding Aboriginal, multicultural, natural and built heritage.
- Creating more jobs by addressing extreme heat – creating hundreds of new jobs in Parramatta by supporting solar energy projects, tree planting, water parks, green spaces and energy efficient buildings.
- Acting for more affordable housing, childcare and ethical governance – campaigning for 20% of development land value profits to provide more Council run affordable housing and childcare. Advocate for a ban on developers donating to political parties.
- Protect green spaces and heritage
- Support communities, not developers
- Power Parramatta with solar energy
- Act for more affordable housing
- Provide more multicultural, art and youth spaces
- Promote ethical governance