The beauty of life in Woollahra is that all our needs are often found within walking, cycling or a short distance on public transport. Greens have strongly supported cycling as a transport option, expansion of the cycleway network, and improving the walking and cycling connectivity by building The Paddington Greenway and restoring the Heritage walking links.
The Greens are working to:
- Reduce congestion by supporting walking, cycling and public transport.
- Restore heritage street links to improve local connectivity.
- Make footpaths more pedestrian-friendly and accessible for prams and wheelchairs.
- Build safe cycling routes and provide more bicycle parking at transport interchanges.
- Retain bus services in public hands and introduce quiet electric buses.
- Build more electric vehicle charging stations and electrify Council’s car fleet.