Asm Mahbub Morshed
candidate for Liverpool Council – Southern Ward
I arrived in 2012 on a working visa from Tokyo, Japan. I am originally from South Asia however I have been exposed to several cultures and as a result have a working knowledge of languages like Arabic, Urdu, Nepali, Hindi, Bengali and Japanese. I am a family man, my partner and children are currently living in Liverpool CBD in a rented apartment. Both of my two children were born in Liverpool Hospital.
I have been actively involved with the Greens since 2016 including the campaign to Defend TAFE. I currently work in Info Tech in a relatively new company. I am the Founding Chairman of Study Without Tears (SWOT). SWOT is a registered Not-For-Profit & For-Impact Organization that is striving to bring technological common-sense innovation within the education industry.
I have a vision for Liverpool as an inclusive, prosperous, and caring community that is protected against the pressures of privatization and from the worst impacts of climate change.
I believe in a transparent and accountable council. I will work hard to ensure every person, regardless of background or race, has equal opportunity to provide input into what council actions and services are provided.
I am running because Liverpool has given a lot to me –
Now it is my turn to give back to Liverpool.
What I want to bring to council:
- $1 pool entry to Liverpool council swimming pools and recreation centres
- Adopt a policy of 100% transparency for all decisions and zero tolerance for misconduct
- Liverpool City Council to declare a climate emergency and contribute to net zero by 2030
- Work towards a Liverpool that is inclusive and family & immigrant friendly. I strongly believe that parents and grandparents are immediate family.
- Stand against any further privatisation of council assets
- Work to safeguard Aboriginal heritage within Liverpool City Council
- Adapt our libraries for the future, have accommodating remote working hubs, with a focus on making facilities accessible for all residents