Waverley has a proud history of artistic support through annual creative events, music studios, artists in residence and the visual arts. We have established a new Cultural Committee.
The Greens strongly backed the community campaign to save Bondi Pavilion and stop the Liberal’s privatisation plan. The future of Bondi Pavilion as a world-class community and cultural centre depends on re-electing Greens.
The Greens are working to:
- Reinstate an Artistic Director and required staff with a budget to coordinate cultural and community activities at the Pavilion.
- Adopt a Bondi Pavilion cultural budget so that the Pavilion is the heart of community life in Waverley.
- Reinstitute an internationally recognised community cultural program at the Pavilion
- Build a reimagined outdoor Pavilion Amphitheatre performance space.
- Create more engagement opportunities for multicultural, seniors and youth including street art and busking
- Extend the Artist in Residence programs across Waverley develops a First Nations cultural heritage program in consultation with a First Nations Cultural Advisory Committee
- Develop a First Nations cultural heritage program in consultation with First Nations community representatives