The beauty of life in Waverley is that all our needs are often found within walking, cycling or a short distance on public transport. The Greens support local services and enhanced local transport options.
We resisted NSW government changes to local bus routes and restored the 314, 316 & 317 services to Bondi Junction.
Greens have strongly supported cycling as a transport option, expansion of the cycleway network, and introduced car share systems to Waverley. Free parking for scooters has been increased.
The Greens are working to:
- Reduce congestion by supporting walking, cycling and public transport.
- Make footpaths more pedestrian-friendly and accessible for prams and wheelchairs.
- Increase safe cycling routes and provide more bicycle parking.
- Achieve a faster response to fix potholes to protect all road users.
- Retain bus services in public hands and introduce quiet electric buses.
- Support reduced speed limits on residential streets for safety and reduced noise.
- Build more electric vehicle charging stations and electrify Council’s car fleet.
- Deliver pedestrian-safe access to Bondi Junction Interchange from the Mall with enhanced service information.